Asthma is a spasmodic affection of respiratory system, in which your chest is fixed in the position of full inspiration and the expiration is impeded.
The spasms are reflex to a source of irritation which could be either the nasal mucous membrane or the alimentary tract. It is most often hereditary
Asthma could be triggered upon exposure to various irritants or allergens, they vary from person to person. Following is a list of few of the triggers:
- Airborne substances, such as smoke, dust, pollen, mites, moulds, pet dander or particles in cockroach waste.
- Respiratory infections, like common cold.
- Laborious physical activities like exercises.
- Certain medications, including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve)
- uncontrolled emotions and stress
- Sulphites and various preservatives added to food and beverages.
. Food allergies like shrimp, dry fruits, processed potatoes, beer and wine.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition in which contents of stomach regurgitates into your throat or mouth.
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness or pain in the chest
- Troubled sleep because of shortness of breath, cough or wheezing
- Whistling or wheezing while exhaling (wheezing is a common sign of asthma in children)
Signs that your asthma is probably worsening include:
- Laboured breathing
- Use of quick-relief inhaler often
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Occupational asthma,triggered by workplace irritants such as chemical fumes, gases
- Allergy-induced asthma,triggered by airborne substances, such as pollen, mould spores, cockroach waste or particles of skin and pet dander.
Homeopathic medicines like Blatta orentalis, Hydrocyanic acid, Ipecac, Arsenic Album, Lobelia, Senega, Aconite, Cuprum met, Nux Vomica, Sulphur, Veratrum Viride could be helpful in reliving from the symptoms of Asthma. However, under guidance of your Homeopath and with constitutional medicine, the results can be astonishing.